What to do the day before your McKinsey PST / BCG Potential test
For your last day before the test, we would recommend the following:
- Spend maybe 30 minutes on the computation workbook, practicing doing calculations quickly both by hand and mentally. Think of this as a last light workout for your maths muscles before the actual test.
- Choose one of the three tests that you have already done and that you feel comfortable with and do it again under limited time conditions, as if it were the real test. The goal is not to learn more skills (although it will help with that too), but to boost your confidence and reduce your stress before the real test. By putting yourself in the real test condition, you will experience the stress of the test before the actual day.
- Once you have done the test, check your solution and work through the solution of the questions that you got wrong. Identify any question with which you were particularly uncomfortable and work through it again and again.
- If you have time, do a second test, following a similar process. This is not essential however.
- Finally, and most importantly, make sure you get a good night sleep. I know it is tempting to cram more tests the day before but you can gain a lot more by being well rested. This will help you stay focused during the test. Candidates sometimes overlook information that is given in the text. Being well rested will help you concentrate and avoid missing any piece of information!